Tuesday, November 27, 2012

5 week update

We finally made a whole week without an exploding diaper getting onto the cast. We changed the tape anyway since the area around the neck was coming off and rubbing which wasn't so great. That area hadn't been changed in a very long time since we did our best to remove as little tape as possible during the blowouts. We had some close calls on our long Thanksgiving drive but the pantyliner saved us. I recommend a combination of pantyliners and cloth diapers. The disposables were very long in the back so it was hard to get a pantyliner up high enough. We are using grovia cloth diapers which are hybrids so if you are squeamish about cloth this is a good compromise because you get the benefit of the covers with elastic in the back and less explosions with the convenience of throwing out liners. I personally don't mind washing the cloth inserts but it is easier when you are on the road to use the disposable inserts.

There are two weeks left until cast removal. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I want to see how much correction this cast gave us. I am a bit worried that they will take it off and her back will pop right back into the same curved shape with the rib hump.

I am not sure if other parents are out there reading this but E's abs are getting ridiculous. At first I was worried but then I realized the indent in her belly is her developing a six pack. I didn't expect this but I guess it is logical since she is doing crunches all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment