Saturday, November 3, 2012

another disaster!

We need our cloth diapers to come back already because these disposables are terrible. This time the blowout occurred in the car at a seriously inopportune time. We had just finished up at the bosto.n science museum. E had a brand new diaper we get out of the parking garage and onto the road and it hits. We had to find a semi-legal place to pull over and change her while people walking along the sidewalk stared at us. Daddy also made a rookie mistake which caused the blowout to be much worse than it need to be. My technique for diaper change when I know there is a poo in it is to put E on her side so as not to squish her bottom or the back of the diaper at all. Then I put my hand in the cast and pull the diaper down from there making sure E doesn't wiggle to touch exposed and unclean areas to the cast. Then wipe, wipe, and more wipes.

At home it took a full hour to take the tape off, clean the shirt off, blow it dry and retape. A small pointer is that I find using some diluted dawn dish detergent seems to work best for cleaning the poo off the under shirt. I had this impression that once you taped up the cast that was the way it remained. I thought I had to commit to one kind of duct tape pattern. That is pretty funny since I've taped E's cast 4 times now in just under 2 weeks (2 times in the first two days because I had taped her cast before I realized that it was trimmed wrong and then I needed to retape it). we survived but it wasn't fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment