Wednesday, October 10, 2012

two weeks

In less than two weeks my baby will be in her first cast (barring any issues with colds or fevers). I alternate between acceptance and freaking out over everything. It is made so much harder by the fact that I will be alone. It is hard to not start to resent this but the situation is that DH took a new job and only has 2 days off saved up at this point. That won't even cover one trip. On top of that trying to find a hotel at a decent price but apparently as explained by the nice woman at hotel reservations the combo of the campaign and the possibility of their baseball team getting into the world series is driving prices up and availability down. Ug. This makes me dislike politics and baseball even more than I do if that is possible. At this point I only have our flights lined up. Maybe that makes it seem a little less real.

I suppose the first cast will be the hardest. I have no idea how I am going to keep it clean for 7 weeks. It makes me sad that now that E is starting to love splashing in the bath we will have to switch to sponge baths which I am certain she will hate. She has started crawling a bit and I wonder how the cast will impact that progress. We will learn soon enough. It is weird because it feels like it has been so long since E's diagnosis in August and yet it feels like time is so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment