Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Squishy time!

We were running late getting to the cast room as per usual (this time due to iced over cars, first day of spring no less). I swear we will never make it on time even if we leave on time then there is an accident on the highway but that is beside the point. The cast room was quite busy so we had a bit of a wait anyway. I have discovered the trick to minimizing crying in the cast room and it is cheesy poofs. Seriously those g.erber ones that the toddlers all love. They totally work. E's back still looks crooked to me. Actually it looks a little more crooked then after cast 2 but my eyes are not a precise measurement. We'll get a x-ray in May and that will tell us where we stand. Her skin is extra super flaky this time and I think she has a little bruising under her belly button. That could have been from her swelling up like a balloon last week which is my guess. Also the nice nurse at day surgery called me back to let me know that the blue baby and swelling incidents were due to the cast and her putting weird pressure in the groin area and not the hives. Not sure but apparently there are two different ways she could turn blue and/or swell. That's just peachy right! Also if they see hives on her Monday her cast will be canceled because anesthesia will refuse to put her under with hives. Great we are on Day 17 of this hive saga with no end in sight. Tomorrow we get to go have a chat with the allergist. Joy. I fracking hate hives.

Below you will see eating through the tears and the first belly scratches post cast removal.



Do you see the kind of people poor E has to live with? Big Sis gets her crazy from her Mama for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment