Friday, March 29, 2013

Physical therapy in a Mehta cast

E has been receiving PT services through early intervention since early February and we are making a lot of progress here. I finally INSISTED on getting an evaluation after the pedi and the ortho told me E would eventually catch up but I wasn't seeing it. She wasn't even able to roll over anymore and she had given up on crawling. I think both of those issues had something to do with having a cast with straps because once the straps were cut on the third cast she regained her ability to roll. At 14 months she still isn't walking on her own but yesterday during her PT session she stood unassisted for 16 seconds. Her PT informed me that children that can stand that long unassisted are perfectly capable of walking. She is still working out her balance in this cast but I have to say I am quite happy with cast #4.

The cast got all taped the other night. I went with a spring hello k.itty design. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment