Thursday, March 7, 2013

drama drama

Things have quieted down today but I am beat. Big Sis decided to keep me up last night with her cold. She seriously gets the man cold. Ug. Anyway the rash situation got much much worse. On Monday I was told she had Erythema Multiforme and sent on my way. Tuesday morning was the purple incident and then E had a fever Tuesday night and vomited in the morning. She also gained a pound of water weight so I ran her back into the ER since our dermatologist appointment wasn't until the afternoon. I thought this time I would go to B.oston because everyone raves about that hospital. I can say I really don't know what the fuss is about and next time I will go back to W.orcester since their pedi ER is newer and nicer, I was kept better in the loop and not dismissed the way I was on Wednesday. They did NOTHING for us and told me everything was "normal" and there was no reason to bring her in. They also had no hospital crib in the ER room so things were bad for me the whole time. They let me go in time to get to W.orcester for our appointment. I walked in there and found out that they made the appointment for Tuesday and informed me I hadn't shown up. I pointed out my discharge papers said clearly "TOMORROW @ 2:40pm" and I was in the ER until 4pm and it is in fact physically IMPOSSIBLE for me to be in two places at once. They squeezed us in and informed me that E did not have erythema multiforme because that rash doesn't move around like I've been showing all the doctors... Seriously I keep taking pictures and dragging the camera everywhere. The arrogant doc in B.oston wouldn't even look at them. Had she looked maybe she would have seen it. Had she listened to me maybe she also would have been able to diagnose her correctly. So finally after 3 days of a miserable baby we got prescription antihistamine which works like a charm. I don't know why it is so hard to get listened to?!?! I felt like W.orcester listened but even they came up with the wrong diagnosis. I am just happy they didn't blow me off. Now I have to find a decent allergist. Safe to say I won't be dragging the girls to one particular hospital for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment