Monday, March 25, 2013

Cast #4

Our 4th cast posed new difficulties completely unrelated to baby E. Poor Big Sis woke up Sunday with a stomach virus (4:45am). Since we were to report to Children's at 5:45am the next morning it was just not a good sign. I thought that Daddy would still be able to come with us and that Big Sis might just have a 24 hour bug and stay in the car watching movies during the casting but Daddy complained of nausea while I was getting ready to leave for the hospital. It was ok. I don't have much experience with where things are in B.oston but I was able to get home. We always go the same way to the hospital but for some reason we've come back at least 5 different ways.

My only gripe from the visit was we were told to come in at 5:45am when we didn't see a single doctor until 7am. In fact the doctors don't even seem to come in till 7 and it doesn't take an hour and 15 mins to take E's vitals. That is the only complaint and not unusual for medical professionals or hospitals I guess but it is annoying when you have a baby who wants to get up and go or fling herself off of everything. As usual the nurses were great, anesthesia was amiable and Dr. K was especially nice today. He agreed to order the allergy tests for Baby E that the allergist near home suggested. Since she isn't affiliated with B.oston Children's he had to order the bloodwork and he is responsible for getting me the results. It is above and beyond and saves Baby E a blood draw while awake. The cast itself seems to be the best we've gotten so far. The bottom was even trimmed enough that I didn't have to ask for any revisions.

We went with a green cast this time for spring. I lost our pretty green and yellow duct tape somewhere so I am not sure what we will choose to tape it.

No comments:

Post a Comment