Monday, February 4, 2013

The last day

This is our last ~24 hours in cast #2. I am less nervous for the removal of this cast than I was for the first. With the first cast I was worried that despite all of our efforts it may have done nothing to fix E's curve. Of course that was wasted worry because her scoliosis improved dramatically but I can't help myself. E hasn't grown as much in this cast (just under 1") so I don't expect as much correction. The casting flew by this time. My new worries are all about having a new doctor apply E's cast. It is almost like the first cast all over again. I know if it doesn't go well we can always go back to Cincy or try out Shriners. I've considered Shiners in Philly so that I can be with my family when we get casts changed but it requires travel.

One week out from cast #3 E is teething. She hasn't had any teeth since she was teething for cast #1. Apparently our casting schedule and E's teething schedule are roughly aligning.

No comments:

Post a Comment