Sunday, April 14, 2013

Quilt Auction and general update

I've been quiet since we are all taking turns being sick in this house. I am really hoping that now that the weather is turning and all of the snow is finally melted that we may improve. We have also been busy looking for a new house to rent that is closer to Daddy's work. We found on which makes me very happy because it is old (1800) but completely renovated. No more carpets! I totally hate carpets. I feel like I can never get them clean. Also Daddy can have a real office so that when he works from home he doesn't have to sit on the floor in one of the bedrooms. He will have to share with me because I am over sewing in an unfinished basement. Sewing with frozen fingers is no fun especially to the tune of the washer and dryer which are next to my sewing table. For illnesses we had Big Sis get a cold that turned into an ear infection and once that was under control E got the cold followed closely by the ear infection and then I got the cold so our house is a chorus of whine.

In other news I've finally completed the quilt I intend to auction off for the Infantile Scoliosis Outreach Program. Heather at ISOP was my lifeline when we discovered E's condition. She helped talk me off the ledge after our first cast fiasco (aka one of the longest nights of my life). She works worldwide to save the lives of children with infantile scoliosis most recently bringing a doctor from South America to Cincy for training. A link will follow once we get it up on ebay. I am setting bidding for the cost of materials only. Anything above and beyond that is much appreciated.

Here's a preview:

1 comment: