Monday, January 28, 2013

Spoke too soon

I was commenting on how much easier this second cast has been and then it happened.... E wouldn't eat dinner tonight which is very much out of character for her. She kept swatting away the food. Then it happened. K was taking her out of the chair to hand to me and she vomited everywhere. It is bad. Her whole front of her cast reeks of vomit even though she's had an emergency sponge bath. We have one week to go and I don't know how we will make it with this situation. I sent out an SOS on the infantile scoliosis boards. I am awaiting help from more experienced parents. We are sending up the white flag here. I am not good with vomit smells. We can't live like this for the next week! I may call children's in the morning and beg for an earlier casting date.

Update:
I took the cast apart and cleaned the shirt out with Dawn. It was awful and there was a lot of screaming involved. We had to retape the whole cast. We ALMOST made it without having to do that this time around (if you remember last time we re-taped the cast fully 4 times and partially 1-2 times due to diapering issues). Ug. If it still smells tomorrow I am going to try some other suggestions.

I also had to put all new padding around the sharp edges and big sis picked out the penguin tape from our now large stash of decorative duct tape.






No comments:

Post a Comment