Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1!

Today baby E is 1. Time goes by quickly especially in cast time. She's been in this second cast for more than 5 weeks. This time around it has been a breeze. All of our struggles from the first cast are a thing of the past. The only nagging concern is that the casts are causing E to lag so far behind in her gross motor skills. She missed every estimate of when she would catch up and I am told to be patient that once she is out of cast she will catch up but I am not really the type of person to sit around and wait for things to happen. I like to have a plan. I like action! I had an early intervention screening on E last week and the good news is she scored ahead on fine motor control but she was way behind on gross motor. We still have issues with stranded turtle position. She is now pulling up to stand but she can't roll over which has me anxious about sleeping situations. She starts PT next week so I hope that this will help.





No comments:

Post a Comment