Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Nervousness

I don't know if other parents out there get this nervousness the day before the cast is removed but I certainly do. This is the third go round and I am still nervous. I worry that her back will won't look better or may look worse which I know is a bit irrational. I worry about the condition of her skin under the cast which is a valid concern. I worry about having to get the next cast on which is also valid I believe. E knows the cast room by now. She cries at the sound of a cast saw so I can only hope that the cast room is not busy tomorrow. E also has a cold. I hope it clears out by the time for the next cast or we may be canceled. I will just have to keep her in a bubble for the next week.

2 comments:

  1. I am already nervous about having the first cast taken off - and we still have over 5 weeks to go. I have the same fears - we won't see any improvement and that now that we know what to expect, we'll be more nervous about it. What a journey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by the improvement with our first cast but I think things have plateaued for us since E's growth has tapered off a bit. I have to remember that E is still small so we still have time on our side. 3 more weeks to go till xray day here.

      Delete