Thursday, August 8, 2013

Almost time for a new Boston Brace

We've been having some troubles with E's brace causing some serious crankiness lately. She also seems so big all of a sudden and she can't wear it during dinner or she will hardly eat. I was finally motivated to call NOPCO on Sunday when I put E's brace on after dinner and then she promptly threw up all over me. I figure it was either that she ate something she is allergic to that we don't know about yet (entirely possible) or the brace smushed her tummy and I got the results. Turns out that NOPCO feels her brace is fine around her but they also noted how she looked much taller than last time. This has caused the brace to be a bit on the short side. We made an appointment for the end of the month to get new measurements. If you time it from measurement to measurement E lasted 4 months in this brace. It is much sooner than Dr. K had expected but it is in line with what other scoli parents have told me. We forgot the camera so no pictures this time. It is getting weird that we now have a routine set for our visits to children's including buying a balloon and getting some au bon pain for the road. That's all for now. I suppose we will check back in with the next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment